File Directory - Download - Flasher Soft Phoenix
Main component versions in the release:
* DK2 Driver Version 07.14.0.25
* Nokia Connectivity Cable USB Driver Version 18.104.22.168
* Flash Update Package 2011.16.000
* FLS-x Drivers Version 2.09.28
* FUSE Connection Manager v 2011.13
3. MAIN CHANGES & ERROR CORRECTIONS FROM PREVIOUS VERSION 2011.8.5.45529
New Products added
* RM-776, RM-775, RM-763, RM-773, RM-670, RM-765, RM-774
* New version of FUSE connection Manager
* New version of Flash Update Package
* New version of Autotuning components
* New version of Product API
* New version of Connectivity Cable Driver
* Torque Information - menu implemented. Information concerning screw tightening torques can be shown if product specific data package contains pictures / information files
* Simple Multi Software Updater UI added
Error Corrections & changes
* Improvements to Smart Card Activator: User is now asked to wait during the delay when smart card data is being read
* Crash file upload server correction
* Tucson support for RM-732 and 713 implemented. Please note that for these products only Tucson functions can be done with Phoenix, Care Suite must be used for all other activities.
* New common data package location in use. Please see document SR1315 in KICS Information Center for further information.
* All Nokia Service Software Applications will use following location for product specific data:
- Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataNokiaPackages
- Windows 7: C:Program DataNokiaPackages
* During installation, Data Packages should be installed in these directories, if they install to any other location by default. target folder for local data packages can be changed in the installation wizard manually
* This version contains the latest Tucson components. Therefore it is not necessary to use Tucson Add-On Installation Packages
* Before you start Phoenix or Care Suite installation to Windows 7 the User Account Control (UAC) should be turned off from Windows Control Panel settings.
* For more information concerning new options in "Firmware Update" - menu and their use, Please see documents SR1313 and SR1659 in KICS Information Center.
* Tucson operations combined with "flash" - option are now handled in the same way as "refurbishment", which requires Mass Memory Content File to be available.
* Do not use Flash option simultaneously with product code change for USB Only phones, flash phone separately with Firmware Update
* It is recommended to use FPS-21 flash prommer with TCPIP connection when refurbishing USB Only - phones (RM-596 etc) due to mandatory optional MMC file size.
* Connection media to FLS-5 must be configured to be "USB_FBUS", after FLS-4 support has been removed FBUS does not work anymore with FLS-5
4. KNOWN ERRORS & LIMITATIONS
* Software downgrade with Tucson system is only possible for BB 5.0 products supporting the Data Package 2 concept.
* Flashing with setup FLS-5, SS-46 and product specific adapter is not supported anymore. FLS-5 can be used with other product specific cables and adapters, but not with SS-46 Interface Adapter.
* If you install old DCT-4 data packages, Flash Update Package File installation path may be wrong. This is caused by very old DCT-4 data packages which contain Flash Update Package and overwrite current information during installation. If you experience problems when updating FPS-x prommers, please check that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” is looking for the files from the correct location which is “C:Program FilesCommon FilesNokiaTssFlash”. If not, Phoenix will show error “Update via ini – file failed”. In this case, select “Update” from that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” – UI, browse to correct directory and select “fpsxupd.ini” for all other prommers except the FPS-8.
* Refurbishment flashing and product code change for RX-51 product requires SX-4 card to be available.
* FPS-21 flashing for RX-51 works only with TCPIP connection. FPS-21 prommer with new HW version 11 has been released to correct this. Sales pack code is 0089J83 , old HW version is not delivered anymore
* Please refer to product specific documents and instructions concerning the limitations of the RX-51 product
* RX-51 flashing does not work when CU-4 is used
* RX-51 Product Code changes work only without FLASH option, please flash phone separately
* When version 2010_12_8_42304 or newer with FUSE connection manager is installed on top of older Phoenix versions, there may be an additional delay of several minutes when you start Phoenix for the first time. Please wait patiently; Phoenix will start after configuration is finished.
* When using Data Package download functions with online connection, download times may occasionally be long. This is not caused by Phoenix (or Care Suite). The download speed from online servers is occasionally is known to be slow, depending on how data is buffered on caching servers.
* After you close Phoenix, it may not restart. To rectify this:
- Use Windows Task Manager to manually shut down phoenix.exe and FuseService.exe processes, or optionally restart your PC
* It is not possible to program Mass Media Content file to some devices over direct USB cable connection, due to the large size of the file. For these models a feature called “Media Check” has been implemented. When this type of product is connected to service software / PC via direct USB cable the refurbishment option will be disabled. Please use a flash prommer.
* To be able to use the help files in Windows 7 you need to install Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7. Ways to locate WinHlp32.exe:
- Start Phoenix with online connection to Internet, select "Help" and "Phoenix help". Click the "Microsoft Help and Support" website link. Download WinHlp32 and install it.- Go to http://www.microsoft.com. Type "WinHlp32" to "Search Microsoft.com" - field. Locate Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7 and install it
* When using flash prommers, only one connection type to one prommer is allowed. Please use either NFPD USB or NFPD TCPIP connection to one prommer, not both connections to same prommer
* If you have Phoenix External 2007.4.6.170 or older you must uninstall it before installing this release.
* Download Phoenix_Service_Software_2011_14_3_45843.exe application file to your computer (e.g. C:TEMP).
* Close all other programs.
* Disconnect all flash prommers and phones which may be connected to PC via USB connection (reconnect them only after Phoenix installation has been completed)
* Run Phoenix_Service_Software_2011_14_3_45843.exe and follow instructions on the screen to install Phoenix Service Software
* Connect a dongle (PK-1, PKD-1, FLS-4S, FLS-5) when message appears on the screen
* If you are prompted to update any existing driver or file versions, select “yes”.
* Depending on the operating system, the PC may require rebooting.
* Allow Windows to register the Phoenix components.
* Open Phoenix, use FUSE Connection Manager to configure connections depending on the tools you use
* If you use CU-4, please pair the connection with service adapter by selecting “pair with service adapter” - option
* Update your prommer with the latest software included in this installation package.
* Install and use the latest available product specific data packages or flash bundles
6. Supported operating systems and user rights
* Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher
* When installing Phoenix into Win XP you must have local admin rights.
* When using in Win XP, user must have power user rights.
* Windows 7 32 Bit version
7. HW & Tool requirements:
* Please refer to Documents SR998 and SR999 in KICS Information Center.
* For information on product specific data packages, tools and instructions please refer to service manuals and technical bulletins.
* If you are installing this version of Phoenix on a new Imaged PC, and you are using an FLS-4S or FLS-5 during the install, then install the FLS-X drivers first.
* Separate installation package for FLS-5 drivers can be found attached to this document together with Phoenix installation package
8. Reporting errors & ZIP Package Generator
* You can use the ZIP Package Generate tool to create a ZIP package with necessary files to report an error.
* Launch Phoenix
* From main menu select Help -> Troubleshooting. The Zip Package Generator will be opened.
* In hours define period from which log files will be gathered in the ZIP package.
* Press Create ZIP - button and wait a while. When ZIP package is generated the content is displayed:
* Press Show Zip Folder- button to open Explorer window with folder containing the generated ZIP package:
* The generated ZIP package named like "Environment_20110223025156.ZIP" is highlighted by default. The ZIP packages should be removed manually when they are not needed any more.
* Attach the generated ZIP package to the Genius Case.
* Brief step by step description about how the error can be reproduced should be attached to the Genius Case.
* Please also attach screenshot of error to the Genius Case.
* If Phoenix may create a file named "PhoenixMiniDump.dmp". If you are prompted that this file has been created, please browse to the folder shown on UI and attach the dump - file to your Genius case as well.
Download Phoenix USB Flash Video Tutorial
Download Phoenix Nokia Flashing USB Cable Driver
Source : Phoenix Service Software 2011.2.0.44842